Tear Trough Treatment
Tear Trough Filler is a procedure in which injectable fillers, are used to treat hollow depressions caused by a loss of volume below the eyes in the area between the lower eyelid and the cheekbone. They are often accompanied by a darkening in skin colour. Stress, lifestyle, fine skin or other hereditary factors can all cause them.
15- 30 minutes
You can see the results immediately.
The majority of patients find the treatment results last from 12-18 months.
There is a local anaesthetic in the dermal filler
Back to work
You can resume normal activity immediately following the treatment.
There may be sensitivity 24-48 hours post treatment
Risks and complications
There’s a chance of bruising, swelling and tenderness post treatment for up to 2 weeks. As with all filler, there is the risk associated with the filler itself, including allergy, necrosis and blindness.
Who performs the treatment?
A Consultant Surgeon/ Doctor who is medically trained to administer these injections.
Prices from £450
DON’T PUT UP WITH UNDER EYE CIRCLES
WIN THE ULTIMATE BATTLE AGAINST THEM!
Your eyes express your emotions, your feelings. But when they are shadowed by under eye circles, they lose their sparkle and shine, giving the illusion of tired, dull aging skin. As a result, you don’t feel like yourself anymore. You spend too much time every day trying to conceal them.
What causes under eye circles?
These hollow depressions are caused by a loss of volume below the eyes in the area between the lower eyelid and the cheekbone. They are often accompanied by a darkening in skin colour.
Stress, lifestyle, fine skin or other hereditary factors can all cause them. When it comes to under eye circles, no two of us are created equal.
Is there a long-lasting treatment?
Our clinic can provide a long-lasting solution for under eye circles. Using an injection of a hyaluronic acid gel specially developed for the delicate eye contour area, we can easily and simply take care of this frustrating problem for you.
“I can get right back to my everyday life after my injections without anyone noticing a thing.” – Christine, 49 years old
HYALURONIC ACID, A MEDICAL SOLUTION
It holds in moisture like a sponge to keep skin firm, soft and supple. However, with age the skin’s hyaluronic acid content diminishes. The skin loses volume, becomes dry, thin and fragile, and the signs of ageing become more apparent. Below the skin, other tissues also retract. As a result, under eye circles become hollow and more visible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What happens during a treatment?
Your specially trained medical practitioner first makes a precise diagnosis of the area requiring treatment. Then the hyaluronic acid gel is gently injected using a sterile, single-use syringe. The session doesn’t take long, usually around 20 minutes.
How many treatments will be needed?
Immediate results can usually be seen after just one visit. Occasionally, a touch-up injection may be needed in the first month after your treatment.
Can I go straight back to work after the session?
You may experience some post-injection redness, minor bruising and/or swelling in the treated area. These reactions do not always occur and are usually mild, transient and self-correcting.
What type of product does my practitioner use to treat under eye circles?
Our clinic uses hyaluronic acid from Geneva-based laboratory TEOXANE. TEOXANE has specialised in designing hyaluronic acid-based injectable products for over 10 years. Their researchers have developed a biocompatible gel specifically designed for the delicate under eye area: TEOSYAL REDENSITY® [ii]’.
1) Arcane Research study conducted in France in February 2011 on 4,402 women aged 18 to 75.
2) 8 amino acids, 3 antioxidants, 2 minerals and 1 vitamin (B6).
3) Several months after the injection, the hyaluronic acid is naturally reabsorbed by the body. Phase Ill multicentre clinical study of 60 patients followed over 1 year (2010).
4) Multicentric and international study: 2012/2013. 33 practitioners, 151 patients Indications: 93% of patients were injected in the tear trough area.
5) Berguiga, M. Galatoire, 0. Tear trough rejuvenation on: Use of Hyaluronic Acid Filler as an alternative to lower eyelid surgery. In press.
6) Papakonstantinou E, et al. Hyaluron1c acid: A key molecule 1n skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):253-8.
7) TEOSYAL REDENSITY® is a trademark of TEOXANE SA and it is a product of the range TEOSYAL® PureSense. TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [II] is a regulated health product (class Ill medical device), bearing the CE marking (CE0086} under this regulation. For more information, please consult your doctor and TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [II] instructions for use.