This treatment uses absorbable threads to lift and rejuvenate facial skin, resulting in a fresh and youthful appearance. The Thread-Lift treatment repositions sagging skin, to tightening and add definition to the face.
2 x 1-2-hour sessions, 4-6 weeks apart.
You can see lifting results immediately. Skin rejuvenating and tightening effects start from 3- 4 weeks and continue for up to 8 months.
The majority of patients find the treatment results last from 12-18 months.
Local anaesthetic and topical numbing cream
Back to work
You can resume normal activity immediately following the treatment.
There may be sensitivity 24-48 hours post treatment
Risks and complications
There’s a chance of bruising, swelling and tenderness post treatment.
Who performs the treatment?
Our Consultant Surgeons have a background in head, neck and face reconstructive surgery, plastic surgery and maxillofacial surgery. Our Principal Consultant Surgeon Mr Ashok Songra is also on the Anti-Wrinkle Validator panel of experts for the UK
Prices from £595
Book a complimentary consultation now.
View our PDO Thread Lift Consultant Profiles:
Before and After
Patient photographs before and after a Thread-Lift treatments.
Thread Lift Treatment Areas
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it painful?
Thread-Lift treatment is virtually pain-free. Threads are loaded in very fine and extremely sharp needles, making implantation virtually painless. Only a topical anaesthetic or local anaesthetic is required depending on the threads used.
Are there any side effects?
There is potential for bruising and slight swelling. Redness of the treated area can last up to 24 hours. You can continue with daily life immediately.
Are the results natural?
Thread-Lift treatment makes it possible to regenerate and firm the skin naturally, without changing your features or facial expression. You’re still you… just younger-looking and revitalised!
How many threads do I need?
The number of threads required will depend on the patient’s characteristics and the areas to be treated. Obtaining a regenerative effect that brightens skin and improves texture requires many threads. But your Doctor is the one to decide. Ask him or her for advice.
When will I see the results?
There can be some immediate results seen. Thread-Lift treatment repositions sagging skin, providing a more youthful appearance. At that point, its regenerative action kicks in, increasing oxygen supply to the cells and stimulating collagen and elastin production. After a month or two, skin will be younger, firmer and brighter looking.
Pre and post-treatment advice
- A course of Arnica tablets is recommended for up to 10 days prior to treatment to help prevent bruising.
- Vitamin C tablets from 1 week before until at least 3 months afterwards. Vitamin C assists collagen production.
- Should a pain killer be required, avoid aspirin as it encourages the appearance of bruises.
- Avoid coffee, tobacco and stimulants in general.
- Treatment must be carried out by a qualified Doctor.
You might experience:
- Some mild discomfort and tenderness after the procedure. You may feel a slight tightening sensation as new collagen is produced around the threads. This may last for 2 weeks.
- Occasionally the needle may puncture a small blood vessel resulting in a bruise.
- Swelling and redness: This may result following the procedure due to injection with the needle. Your face might be slightly red with small bumps (needle entry points) and with some slight bruising around the target areas, but this will subside after few days.
- Please do not touch treated areas for 4 hours after the treatment.
- Please avoid sleeping on treated areas for 3 nights.
- When a bruise does appear, please apply Arnica cream a few times a day.
- Please do not plan any facial treatments after 3-4 weeks’ post Threads treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and warming of your face 7-10 days.
- Please do not plan any laser treatments to treated areas for next 4 weeks (Laser might break new collagen, which has been stimulated and procedure after the PDO Threads treatment).
You will be able to see results almost as soon as you leave the clinic however, it is important to keep in mind that it takes 10-14 days for collagen to start working. You will start to see the effects it is having on the appearance of your skin after 4 weeks’ post treatment.
Photographs of Caroline Clegg before and after non-surgical Thread Lift treatment at Cosmetech
Caroline Clegg shares her experience of this non-surgical PDO Thread Lift
‘I have been going to Mr Songra for years at the Cosmetech, Chelsea Private Clinic – he is very gentle and caring, and I trust him implicitly. On this occasion, I went in with a saggy jawline and double chin and came out with a much smoother defined jawline 45 minutes later!
Some areas were a bit uncomfortable, but apparently I was unlucky and some people hardly feel anything. I had 30 mini-threads inserted in total. I was coated with industrial amounts of topical numbing cream one hour beforehand and looked like a man about to have a big shave, so you need to take a book along with you. There is no downtime whatsoever – I could have gone to a party that same night!
Although I was told there’s a one in ten chance of bruising and to expect bruising which can last up to two weeks, I was lucky in that I had no bruising or swelling at all. The treated areas feel a little tight and tender, but even these feelings seem to be rapidly disappearing. Out of the three people I have seen, separately, so far, each one has paid me a compliment, and said I was looking good!
That suits me fine – I always think if people can tell what you have had done, then it was too much. All in all I could not recommend mini-threading more highly.’
Cosmetech PDO Thread Lift Brochure: THREAD LIFT BROCHURE.pdf
PDO Thread Lift Post Treatment Care: PDO POST TREATMENT.docx
PDO Thread Lift Consent Form: PDO THREADS PROCEDURE CONSENT FORM.docx 1
Treatment available at