What is a thread lift?
If you would like to reverse the signs of ageing in the lower part of your face, a ‘non-surgical facelift’ called the thread lift may well be the best possible option outside surgery. This treatment uses absorbable threads to lift and rejuvenate your facial skin, resulting in a fresh and youthful appearance.
Image above shows before and after a Thread Lift treatment.
Thread lifts – a new lifting method based on the implantation of multiple threads, creating a vectoral network that acts as a support to tissue.
Procedure time: 1-2 hours.
Anaesthetic: Local anaesthetic and topical numbing cream.
Back to work: Varies dependant on bruising swelling.
Full recovery time: 1-2 weeks.
Sensitivity: 48 hours.
Risks and complications: Bruising, infection, soreness, allergic reactions.
Result duration: 1-2 years.
Result effects: Lifting results immediately rejuvenating effect gradually becomes visible over time.
Availability: Cosmetech is the first to offer the Thread Lift treatment in Northern Ireland in our consultant-led clinic in Holywood and Belfast. We also offer this treatment in our Chealsea, London clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it painful?
Mini thread treatment is virtually pain-free. Dermica mini threads are loaded in very fine and extremely sharp needles, making implantation virtually painless. Only a topical anaesthetic or local anaesthetic is required depending on the threads use
Are there any side effects?
There is potential for bruising and slight swelling. Redness of the treated area can last up to 24 hours. You can continue with daily life immediately.
Are the results natural?
Thread treatment makes it possible to regenerate and firm the skin naturally, without changing your features or facial expression. You’re still you… just younger-looking and revitalised! All with no need for surgery!
How many threads do I need?
The number of threads required will depend on the patient’s characteristics and the areas to be treated. Obtaining a regenerative effect that brightens skin and improves texture requires many threads. But your Doctor is the one to decide. Ask him or her for advice.
When will I see the results?
There can be some immediate results seen. Thread treatment repositions sagging skin, providing a more youthful appearance. At that point, its regenerative action kicks in, increasing oxygen supply to the cells and stimulating collagen and elastin production. After a month or two, skin will be younger, firmer and brighter looking.
Pre- and post-treatment advice
• A course of Arnica tablets is recommended for up to 10 days prior to treatment to help prevent bruising.
• The day before, a Vitamin K cream (Auriderm) can be applied as a preventative measure.
• Vitamin C tablets from 1 week before until at least 3 months afterwards. Vitamin C assists collagen production.
• Should a pain-killer be required, avoid aspirin as it encourages the appearance of bruises.
• Avoid coffee, tobacco and stimulants in general.
• Treatment must be carried out by a qualified Doctor.
You might experience:
• Some mild discomfort and tenderness after the procedure. You may feel a slight tightening sensation as new collagen is produced around the threads. This may last for 2 weeks.
• Occasionally the needle may puncture a small blood vessel resulting in a bruise.
• Swelling and redness: This may result following the procedure due to injection with the needle. Your face might be slightly red with small bumps (needle entry points) and with some slight bruising around the target areas, but this will subside after few days.
• Please do not touch treated areas for 4 hours after the treatment
• Please avoid sleeping on treated areas for 3 nights
• When a bruise does appear, please apply Arnica cream a few times a day
• Please do not plan any facial treatments after 3-4 weeks’ post Threads treatment
• Avoid strenuous exercise and warming of your face 7-10 days.
• Please do not plan any laser treatments to treated areas for next 4 weeks (Laser might break new collagen, which has been stimulated and procedure after the PDO Threads treatment) You will be able to see results almost as soon as you leave the clinic however, it is important to keep in mind that it takes 10-14 days for collagen to start working. You will start to see the effects it is having on the appearance of your skin after 4 weeks’ post treatment.
View the Cosmetech Thread Lift Brochure
Treatment available at: